jueves, 14 de febrero de 2019

Maria Alejandra: AFS-ICETEX scholarship winner 2018/201


My experience in Cardiff


Since I was selected as one of the AFS-ICETEX scholarship winner I have been grateful and excited for the help they gave me to make this dream real. I chose to come to the United Kingdom because besides the fact I wanted to improve my English skills I wanted to learn about their culture but being honest I didn’t know anything about Cardiff, so it’s been a real adventure.

Cardiff is a small city but has the loveliest people I had ever met and because of their universities I was able to enjoy a multicultural environment. Also, it has beautiful parks and places to walk around even though the weather is windy and drizzling. The school is near to the centre, which make it easily to visit the shops and some of the tourist highlights of the city.


The teachers and staff are always lovely. They help me to improve my English as well as my host family. I don’t feel I got my english as fluently I wanted yet, perhaps because I’ve only been here for fourth months. But now, I’m aware about the grammar and pronunciation what makes me feel more confident when I speak.

It’s been an incredible opportunity. I definitely would do it again.

Thank you AFS for your help!


Maria Alejandra from Sogamoso in Cardiff with CELTIC english academy    

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario